Wednesday, August 31, 2005

UNO Faculty that I have heard from and are okay.

I have heard from or of the following UNO faculty and staff and know they are safely away from the city of New Orleans:

Bobby and Sandra Eason have retreated to Arkansas and are safe.

James Lien, Earl K. Long Library Staff member is safe and at his sister's house in Tennessee.

Tony Whitt, with the UNO Department of English, is safe in Baton Rouge. He also sent word that that Gary Richards, Jennifer Kuchta, and Kim Martin from the UNO English department are all safe. Tony said that he has spoken to all three of them in the last 48 hours. They are in Mississippi, Texas, and Florida, respectively.

Please post anyone that you have spoken to or had contact with to this list.

I have been having off and on internet access, but will try to update this blog as frequently as I can and with any information that I can get on any of my UNO co-workers.

Stay safe.

Wil

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, my wife is a uno student and i have been posting updates about our family situation as well, do you have any info on where uno students can go to school for the semester? she only had one semester left to graduation, plus we need to find a way to contact her teachers for reccomendations etc... thanks for your help :)

7:32 PM  
Blogger wil weston said...

As soon as I find out some information I will post it here and respond on your blog. Stay safe. Hopefully, the main UNO website will be up and answer some of these questions. I feel certain that some accomedation will be made for those students so close to graduation. It just may take a little time to organize the logistics of it all.

9:34 PM  
Blogger LostCove said...

These ppl are ok:
James Lien and in TN
Bobby and Sandra Eason in AR

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home